About Me

My photo
After over 35 years of serving Jesus as my Savior, I have come to the realization that I should know Him so much deeper, so much more intimately than I do. I look at my empty hands and say, "What do I have to offer a world who needs to know this loving Savior?" To that end, I have proclaimed this year of 2010 as the year of "Be Still and Know that I am God." I am committed to seeking Him more, studying His word harder and deeper, and becoming more intimate in my relationship with Christ so that I can offer to a hurting community hands that are filled with the goodness and love they so desparately need to receive. So let me ask you today, what's in your hands?

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Our Blessed Hope

I watched again tonight the movie, "The Passion of the Christ".  I have watched this movie six times now, and I have yet to walk away from it unshaken, unmoved and not in a state of disbelief.  Not disbelief that it really happened, but the inability to comprehend why He would suffer the way He did for ME.  There is no one more unworthy of His sacrifice than I am.  No murderer, no thief, no deciever...no one.  I am just as sinful in God's eyes as they are and still, He did that for ME.  No matter how hard I may try, I cannot begin to fathom the kind of love it took for Him to set aside for a time the beauty of heaven and come to earth as a human being, knowing all along exactly what He would suffer...for ME.  I don't know why, but I'm so glad He did.

And I'm so glad that He didn't just die for me...He also was resurrected for me!  Thank you my Lord for the promise of new life.  May I daily be reminded of Your great sacrifice and of the victory of Your resurrection.  In the words of Martin Luther, "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime."  This is truly our blessed hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment