About Me

My photo
After over 35 years of serving Jesus as my Savior, I have come to the realization that I should know Him so much deeper, so much more intimately than I do. I look at my empty hands and say, "What do I have to offer a world who needs to know this loving Savior?" To that end, I have proclaimed this year of 2010 as the year of "Be Still and Know that I am God." I am committed to seeking Him more, studying His word harder and deeper, and becoming more intimate in my relationship with Christ so that I can offer to a hurting community hands that are filled with the goodness and love they so desparately need to receive. So let me ask you today, what's in your hands?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Beauty of Being Still

I mentioned in my profile that I have proclaimed this year for me as the year of "Be still and Know".  My life, over the past several years, has been a virtual whirlwind of busyness.  Working up to three jobs, involved in multiple ministries at church and the busyness of domestic life respsonsibilites left little time for personal one-on-one time with God.  The chorus of an old song called "I Miss My Time With You" says:
                                
I miss my time with you...those moments together.
I need to be with you each day and it hurts me when you say
   you're too busy.  Too busy trying to serve me. 
But, how can you serve me if your spirit's empty?
There's a longing in my heart.  It's wanting more than just a part of you.
It's true.  I miss my time with you.

I was so "busy" with life that I was missing out on the things that truly matter...quality time with the family, time to feed my mind through reading and studying and most importantly, time to know God through prayer and the Word.  I could stay busy and have nothing to show for it five years from now, or I could choose to "be still" and in turn, be a stronger, healthier and wiser woman of God.

There is beauty in stillness.

Try it, you'll like it.

Psalm 139:17-18  How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  If I would count them, they are more than the sand.  I awake, and I am still with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment