About Me

My photo
After over 35 years of serving Jesus as my Savior, I have come to the realization that I should know Him so much deeper, so much more intimately than I do. I look at my empty hands and say, "What do I have to offer a world who needs to know this loving Savior?" To that end, I have proclaimed this year of 2010 as the year of "Be Still and Know that I am God." I am committed to seeking Him more, studying His word harder and deeper, and becoming more intimate in my relationship with Christ so that I can offer to a hurting community hands that are filled with the goodness and love they so desparately need to receive. So let me ask you today, what's in your hands?

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Am I REALLY My Brother's Keeper?

Can you imagine dressing your son in a suit at the age of four and sending him off into the world to earn a living and fend for himself?


Or how many of us would watch our daughter or son walk the isle to start a new life with their true love and say, "Ok.  Now you're on your own.  Good luck.  I hope you can figure it out."?

Sounds ubsurd, right?  And yet, what we don't realize is that this is often what we do as the body of Christ when a new Christian is born into the family.  We celebrate at their conversion, welcome them to the family, then send them out to fend for themselves with no idea how to live this Christian life in a world that is fighting against them at every turn.

Cain asked God the question, "Am I my brother's keeper?"  The answer is an emphatic, "YES".  God has entrusted his new child into our care.  May we be filled with compassion and responsibility to see that they grow to a mature follower of Christ so that one day, they too may help train up other future Christians.



1 comment:

  1. You hit that nail squarely on the head! Thanks for telling it exactly like it is.

    Love you, Robin

    ReplyDelete