About Me

My photo
After over 35 years of serving Jesus as my Savior, I have come to the realization that I should know Him so much deeper, so much more intimately than I do. I look at my empty hands and say, "What do I have to offer a world who needs to know this loving Savior?" To that end, I have proclaimed this year of 2010 as the year of "Be Still and Know that I am God." I am committed to seeking Him more, studying His word harder and deeper, and becoming more intimate in my relationship with Christ so that I can offer to a hurting community hands that are filled with the goodness and love they so desparately need to receive. So let me ask you today, what's in your hands?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You Can't Fool Me

One of my favorite movies of all time is the Wizard of Oz.  As a matter of fact, I've watched it so many times that I can recite almost every line along with the characters.  I love the scene where after listening to the wicked witch of the West threaten Dorothy, Glinda, the good witch of the North scolds the witch saying "Be gone!  You have no power here."  My favorite part of this scene is that immediately upon hearing these words, the wicked witch cowers in fear and knowing she has no choice, leaves.

Dorothy was frightened by her, but Glinda knew the truth.  And Glinda wasn't the only one who knew the truth, so did the wicked witch.

How many times do we let Satan try to bully us and make us think he can hurt us?  The truth is, just like the wicked witch, he has no power over us.  We know the truth and so does he.  We have the Son of God standing by our side to protect us.  So, the next time he tries to make you think he's in control, tell him, "Be gone.  You have no power here."  I guarantee you, he'll leave.  He has no choice.

1 comment:

  1. Go girl! You are so right! What freedom to realize his limits, but God's ultimate power.

    ReplyDelete